Planning Your Stay
Planning your stay in the area
Planning Your Stay
The 100 mile circular route is entirely do-able as a continuous 6 day walk, what an adventure! Or take your time and pick it up over a few weekends staying at some idyllic guesthouses, b&bs and campsites!.
We can heartily recommend the Southdown Bed and Breakfast as a base for the walk in the south. Other walker friendly B&Bs in the area include:
- Avalon Lodge in Devizes.
- Overtown Manor, Wroughton where your host might tell you a story of the scouring of the Broad Town White Horse!
- Courtleigh House, Chiseldon .
- Norton House near Uffington.
- The Manor Farm, Avebury, a perfect spot for exploring the White Horses and ancient ways at the centre of our route.
- The Alma Barn near Marlborough.
- The Inn With The Well near Marlborough, nice pub and well placed if you are following The Ridgeway.
- Parklands Hotel in the same village.
- Follets B&B near Pewsey.
- Suddene Park Farm is also within walking distance of Pewsey and good base for the eastern end of the trail.
You may prefer to use some very comfortable camping as your base, beautiful camping near country pubs here: Crop Circle Camping
Things to Do
Apart from enjoying the White Horses, there are many things to do in the surrounding area, including attractions and other outdoor activities - please see the Visit Wiltshire website.
For useful information when planning your visit to Wiltshire, please see the Visit Wiltshire website.
There are many excellent cafes but we would like to give this the lovely cafe at Albourne a special mention: Aldbourne Post Office Stores, Cafe & Deli
and if all else fails Anne Martis can sort your walk out! - Anne Martis walking tours
All the businesses listed here are part of sustainable tourism initiative: Our Land. Be part of it, support local businesses and enterprise, shop local, use local services and your contribution helps the rural economy!